Monday, March 2, 2009

Yay, spring is finally here!!!

Yesterday was the first official day of spring. We've actually had quite a few sunny days for a while, and there have been a few times that I've felt a hint of spring here and there.

But this morning, I felt it. I saw the maple blooming outside the dining room windows, and went out to take a few pictures before going to church. The sky was blue with some wispy white clouds, and the maple flowers were beautiful set against the brilliant color. The sun was bright, and I could hear a bunch of birds twittering happily. I've heard birds a bit already, mostly chickadees. But this is the first time that I've noticed that many at once. Everything was so happy, and it filled me with hope and goodness. :-)

Maple flowers seem a bit insignificant at first, but if you look at them, they cover the branches of the tree with fluffiness. The light shines right through the little balls of stamens, and makes them glow like light through fiberglass. When the breeze blows through them, they dance. Maple flowers are pretty much the first things to bloom around our area, so it's always exciting to see them.

So far this year, I haven't seen any honey bees. Even though it's sunny, it's not very warm so I guess they haven't wanted to venture out yet. They love maple tree flowers. There will be so many bees harvesting the flowers, that the whole tree just hums and wiggles and shakes. :-D




















1 comment:

... said...

Your tree is so pretty! I'm very excited about spring, too.